We went to Salida, CO, a town that boasts being in "The Heart of the Rockies." This weekend they were having a huge kayaking/whitewater competition, so there were lots of people. We stayed about 10 minutes out of town, up in the mountains. We got in pretty late Friday night, and set up the tent by car headlight. Nora slept very well both nights in the tent, but had no interest in napping (I think because she fell asleep in the car and had a 15 minute power nap on the way back to the campground.) Fortunately our tent is large enough to accommodate her pack & play, so she slept in that, super bundled up. It got down to the 40's both nights, and I think she was a little cold the first night, but the second night I dressed her differently and she was much better. What an adventure!!
We went with our friends Steve, Martha and Levi. The first morning there, I got out my camera to take pictures of the kids playing (so cute!!) and I got one picture, then my battery died. I was so focused on packing for the trip, I forgot to charge it! Doh! So this morning, when we got up I had to rush to take some cute pictures to try to make up for all the ones I couldn't take yesterday.
Salida has a pool that is sourced by natural hot springs. We took Nora swimming yesterday and it was wonderful. The pool was 93.5 degrees and was so nice! She is such a little fish.
Some tidbits from this weekend:
- Nora was in heaven at our campsite. Rocks galore to play with.
- She likes ants, hates flies. Not sure why she dislikes flies so much, but maybe it had to do with her being super-fussy-no-nap-girl yesterday. She burst into tears anytime something was buzzing around her face?!?!
- Everytime a loud motorcycle passed us on the highway, Nora called out "bike."
- Murphey and I have heard more "Raffi" music this weekend than probably even Raffi himself has heard. It keeps her quite happy and entertained in the car. She's started requesting songs she likes now. We'll listen to a few, and if it's one she likes, at the end she calls out "Mah" ("more") to hear it again. We have instituted an "only 1 repeat per song" rule for the car now, as she could listen to some of those songs 10 times over. I have to say I didn't mind it as much when we thought she had gone to sleep and we switched over to my "adult" music, and at the end of one of my favorite songs, I heard her little voice say "mah!"
- She can now get one foot over the top of the pack & play. Luckily each time we caught her before her whole leg got over.





1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. I envy you with all the times ahead of you. Can't wait to see you and Nora in July. Wish Murphy could be here too.
Love you all.
Post a Comment