Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sandals and Swimming

After the race on Sunday, we put the kids in our little pool out back. Even though I filled it up hours earlier, the water was still cold and the littlest one, Max wasn't keen on it. The older guys loved it. We had to pull Nora out before she turned blue. If it had been up to her, she would have played for hours.
Blowing bubbles in the water

Splashing!

Levi is TOTALLY checking out her bum!




I spent several hours yesterday running around town looking for some decent sandals for Nora. I finally found some, only to discover that she was totally 'in between' sizes. I gave up in frustration and decided to check out zappos.com. I now LOVE this website, and for shoes, you cannot go wrong. They always have free shipping both ways, so they're easy to return if you don't like them, and it doesn't cost you extra. I found exactly what I was looking for, placed my order at 5:00 p.m., oh, and did I mention that right now they have FREE overnight shipping? Oh yeah, there was a knock at my door at 10:00 this morning, and it was the shoes! I absolutely couldn't believe it! I couldn't wait for Nora to wake up from her nap so she could try them on. As you can see from the pictures below, she is a Shoe Girl! I opened the box and she practically did the rest!


(I know they don't match, I ordered 2 types to see which one's work better.)
Couldn't resist this one. Sharing her lilacs with Poppa.





4 comments:

Nicole Puckett said...

I love Zappos too!! Especially the fact that they have reviews on shoes. Since you never really know if shoes are comfortable unless you wear them for hours at a time, I love that other people can tell me about their experiences....

and kids shoes are really hard to find.... and consider yourself lucky... Boys shoes are even worse!!

C's Mom said...

Too nice. I'll hve to check out Zappos myself.

Yep, that bum evaluating business starts young doesn't it? ;0)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Nicole has those same shoes.The one that Nora has on the right foot. Nicole is very hard to fit shoes and clothes. She is sitting here with me and she said "mama, those are my shoes."

Amy said...

I can't believe how big Nora is looking these days. I can't wait to hug her and see her in person, and oh yeah, I miss you too! :)