


Today we went hiking with our friend Ginger (who's new nickname is going to be "Ginger the Giraffe" because she had pigtails today which as she observed , somewhat resembled a giraffe) at Heil Valley Ranch. The weather was a bit windy, but pretty much perfect. We got to try out the carrier our friends Rich and Lynne passed on to us, and it was great. I think Nora loved it because she was up pretty high and could easily see around me. She got to see some horses up close on the trail.
It was a great afternoon, AND we found out that Ginger and Rich are going to be neighbors! Their offer on a house was accepted and they'll soon be living a couple of miles from us!!! We followed them to Colorado from Northern VA and now they're following us to Longmont! Yay!!!!
On a totally different note, we had beautiful weather earlier this week, and then we woke up Thursday morning to 3 inches of snow on the ground. Fortunately it had melted by late afternoon.


2 comments:
I can't believe it snowed! I love the carrier, you'll have to let me know which one it is. We'd like to get one. One question...why does the mom always seem to be the one wearing the carrier? Whenever Chris and I went hiking before we were parents I always saw the moms carrying the kid...why not the dad? I told Chris he will be the one carrying Maddie! :)
Kelly,
Good question! Actually, Murphey and I kinda fought over who would carry her because we both wanted to. His ankle has been giving him trouble since he went snowboarding. I think it is because his boot is a poor fit now that he has the hardware in his ankle and it was rubbing against it. He has an ortho appt next monday. Anyway, we went bowling the night before and he irritated it then, so the last thing I wanted was for him to step wrong or twist it and go down with her on his back. So I carried her. :) I looked at it as a doubly good workout then :)
Oh, it's the "REI piggyback". It's nice. It even has a pouch for you to put a camelback bladder. :) I would recommend going to REI or somewhere and just trying them out with her in it one day.
Post a Comment