Saturday, March 10, 2007

Don't Eat the Mussels in a Mountain Town!!!

That's the lesson I learned on my "Girl's Weekend" away. I had a great time, except for the 24 hours I was incapacitated because of possible food poisoning. Lynne, Miquette and Ginger were awesome though. They kept me supplied with all the "sick" essentials, gatorade, saltines, chicken soup, and ice chips. Miquette saved the day with her anti-nausea medication, otherwise I'm sure I would have ended up in the urgent care because I was fighting to even keep ice chips down, and it's hard enough to stay hydrated at 10,000 ft without throwing everything up.

Anyway, I got a great day of skiing in on Sunday before I got sick. The slopes and weather were BEAUTIFUL and practically EMPTY, which is a dream for a beginner like me. Unfortunately I was only able to get a couple of pictures during my downtime in my lesson, I intended to take more pictures when I went out the next day, but instead I was in bed all day.Channeling Marvin the Martian

The Beautiful Slopes of Crested Butte








Miquette and Ginger


Me, Lynne, Miquette and Ginger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marvin the Martian! Thought that looked familiar! His mission? To blow up planet Earth. Why? Because it blocks his view of Venus. ;-) The pictures of the slopes are gorgeous. I wish you hadn't gotten sick but I'm glad you had good friends with you. See you in three days! Can't wait!!!!